- Youth Centre
- Sea Walk
- Walking Track
- Laughter Club
- Refreshment Centre
- Man Made Beach
The Malabar Hill Citizens' Forum is also planning to provide a Sea Walk right from Priyadarshini Park on Napean Sea Road to Amarson's Park on Bhulabhai Desai Road. This Sea Walk is aimed at not only checking the illegal reclamation and encroachments of the sea shore, but will also provide a beautiful promenade wide enough for people to walk on. Subsequently, the promenade will also be beautified and there will be seats where people can rest and relax.
The plans to take the promenade from PDP to Amarson's Park has been cleared in principle by the Minister of Environment of Maharashtra.
The length of the said promenade is proposed to be 2,063 metres. It will be around six feet wide and the height will vary according to site conditions. Technical assistance will be made available by well known architect Shashi Prabhu and Prof Ramakant Jha from IIT Powai.
The cost of this project is said to be around Rs 6.5 crores. The funds will be raised by local residents and NGOs will also be contributing towards the project. Congress Member of Parliament, Mr Milind Deora has kindly agreed, in principle, subject to rules applicable, to help for this project through his MP Fund.
All are welcome to enjoy the beautiful ambience of the park either for their daily walk or to avail of its sports facilities. There are no hoardings or advertisements put up to spoil the natural beauty of the environment; nor is there a Clock anywhere to hurry you from your leisurely walk around the Park.
The PDP Walking Track is lined throughout by coconut trees. More than 300 coconut trees all over the coastline, as well as inside the park, provide a beautiful ambience and surrounding, making one almost feel you are walking in Goa.
The beauty of the Park is that you will find regular groups of walkers who have been coming here daily for years to get their dose of fresh air and envigorating walk by the sea. It has become a way of life for them, to take their daily walk at the Priyadarshini Park.
At PDP we have held many laghter competitions over the years. The First Laughter Competition was organized on 14th April 1996, where more than 800 persons from all over Mumbai participated in the event. The second laughter competition was held on 8th December 1996. The third laughter competition of Laughter Shri-Shrimati and Laughter Kumar- Kumari of Mumbai was held on 14th February, 1999. The fourth laughter competition, held on 16th November 2003, was for Laughter Clubs and Schools of Mumbai. The requirement was that the clubs with minimum 20 members, among which 5 should be ladies, needed to perform 3 Laughters of their choice. The fifth laughter competition, held on 6th May 2007, which was the World Laughter Day, was only for Senior Citizens of Mumbai. More than 300 senior members took part in the event. There were around 100 persons from print and electronic media and all the TV Channels covered the event in their news.
Laughter Therapy helps sports person in following ways.
- 1) When we laugh our Body and Mind remain together as a result we relieve instantly from thought process and so stress, depression.
- 2) Improve Concentration which will help understand the game and apply the same during competitions.
- 3) As they breathe 100% so the oxygen intake is much more result into better stamina and energy during the game.
- 4) Laughter develops inter personnel relationship as a result they have wonderful understanding with team mates which helps in the game plan.
- 5) Develop positive attitude over a period of time that helps sports person during the game to change loosing position to winning situation.
- 6) Also help in developing leadership quality that makes successful captain or leader of the team.
- 7) Able to sustain defeat, failure or nonperformance in the game and also dejection in studies or life. They will be bold, friendly and mixing so will be liked by members of team, officials and administrator.
- 8) We call this as CHEESE which is indicated as under: C = CONCENTRATION H = HEALTH E = EXERCISE E = ELASTICITY S = SELF CONFIDENCE E = ENERGY
Our Refresment Centre also has a stall for fresh Coconut Water, something that people simply love to have after a brisk walk around the Walking Track or after a tiring game of tennis.
PDP has installed the latest water purifying system at our Refreshment Centre and we provide anyone and everyone with FREE cold water from our latest water e-boiling system.
Priyadarshini Park and Sports Complex is aware of the growing health consciousness amongst Mumbaikars. We encourage fresh juices and health drinks. There is also a person selling wheatgrass juice just outside the Park.
Moreover, we have equipped the park with Aquaguard facilities to purify water so that you dont have to worry about contaminated water during the monsoons or any other time of the year.
CHEERS! AND STAY REFRESHED!